When was the last time you flipped through (not scrolled through) a photo album or held a photograph in your hand? If you answered "recently," great! You’re doing it right. If you hesitated, I’m going to direct you to this article here because it was written not only for you, but for your kids, your grandkids, and especially your great grandkids.
I read that only 2 out of 10 images taken with digital cameras are printed on paper. It has become so acceptable to either keep photos on a CD or to upload photos on social media that we've become careless about getting them printed. The problem is that technology is constantly changing. Aside from a little aging, printed photographs do not change. The best part about it is that 50 years from now, wherever technology and social media may be, you will still be able to pull out that family photo album and flip through your amazing family memories.
Bottom line: Do not leave your photographs floating in cyberspace. Get them printed!
Here is one of my grandparents from the 1940s that I may have never seen had it not been printed. It's one of many favorites of them that I have. This photo always makes me smile because it is exactly how I remember them. Happy and in love until their last days together. I miss them very much, but it's comforting to know I can reach for this photograph and many others at anytime without having to turn on my computer. Much like a conversation via text messaging does not compare to face to face interaction, seeing a family photograph on a computer screen will never compare to holding it in your hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment